Saturday, March 14, 2015

Student Debt

Hello fellow bloggers,

Today I will be talking on the topic of financial stability and being debt free in college. studentdebtrelief.us gives out several tips on avoiding the post-college debt that comes with student loans.  Save money at any moment possible.  Having a part-time job will allow you to have spending money and will also help with saving money.  While working you would be 1) not spending money since you're working, and 2) accumulating money.  Applying for scholarships would also help with reducing money spent on tuition and books.  There is a plethora of scholarships out there, one of them includes being the youngest child.  Cooking your own meals is another way in which you can easily save money.  Not only does cooking your own food help you save money, but it is also a life skill.  Aging may inhibit one's ability to go out and get food.  Girls also love when you cook for them.  This goes for girls as well.  Other ways which help to avoid accumulating student debt is to buy used textbooks instead of buying them new.  Credit cards are an easy way to accumulate debt, so try and avoid getting one if you can.  These are all difficult tasks to complete, but in the payout is worth the discipline.

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with cooking your own food, 1st semester I spent a lot of money buying fast food or snacks, now I go home and make my own meals and I buy big boxes of granola bars that last me about two months or so. Great tips, might actually look into applying for some scholarships soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with cooking your own food, 1st semester I spent a lot of money buying fast food or snacks, now I go home and make my own meals and I buy big boxes of granola bars that last me about two months or so. Great tips, might actually look into applying for some scholarships soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bring up some great points! I'll be sure to go through with them sometime soon! It's so hard for me especially when I go out, I get scared to either spend or save my money because i have so little of it. thanks for the advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a lot of people who can benefit from reading this post and taking your advice because most of them find themselves struggling to get by or worried about how much is in their bank account. Of course there are other things that can happen that can cause them to spend, for example I've gotten my car towed twice in two weeks, and that really affected my funds. But even something simple as cooking for yourself can help like you said. As far as scholarships a whole bunch of us should look into that

    ReplyDelete